May 9, 2010

"Those who love me will keep my word..."

THE GOSPEL John 14:23-29
Jesus said to Judas (not Iscariot), "Those who love me will keep my word, and my Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. Whoever does not love me does not keep my words; and the word that you hear is not mine, but is from the Father who sent me.
"I have said these things to you while I am still with you. But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything, and remind you of all that I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not let them be afraid. You heard me say to you, `I am going away, and I am coming to you.' If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father, because the Father is greater than I. And now I have told you this before it occurs, so that when it does occur, you may believe."

###
SCRIPTURE READINGS FOR MAY




###
ANNOUNCEMENTS

St. Mark's is always pleased to have vistors . In attendance at the May 9th service were Ms. Jackie Nixon's family members, Mrs. Mamie Hymes nephew Brian and his family, Accompanying Dr. Mabel Anderson were Mr.John Mehan and Mr. Rutledge. Rev. Pat Wingo and his daughter rounded out the visitors list.
We welcome you and invite you to worship with us at any time.
Please come again.
###

Many thanks to Jackie Nixon and her artistic skills creating the flower pendants for all of the mothers.
After a blessing , Rev. Sara and Jackie distributed the gifts to the Mothers.
###

*Vacation Bible School June 14-16, 2010

Theme *JOSEPH AND HIS BROTHERS*4:00-6:00 pm
Mark you calendars and plan to attend, either as a participant or a helper.
The PERFORMANCE FOR THE COMMUNITY- Wednesday, June 16th-5:30pm
###
OUR GARDEN
A portion of the garden has been planted. We plan to have a garden by the end of the summer that reflects the abundance of God's love and grace and then to share our produce.

Donations of time, labor, plants, soil enhancers, landscape timbers, and/or money for these supplies are needed. We are hoping to have four raised beds.

Each parishioner will be placed in one of four groups. Each group will organize themselves for the upkeep of the bed.
###

A Mother's Love
There are times when only a mother's love
Can understand our tears,
Can soothe our disappoints
And calm all of our fears.

There are times when only a mother's love
Can share the joy we feel
When something we've dreamed about
Quite suddenly is real.

There are times when only a mother's faith
Can help us on life's way
And inspire in us the confidence
We need from day to day.

For a mother's heart and a mother's faith
And a mother's steadfast love
Were fashioned by the angels
And sent from God above.
--Author Unknown

END***