May 16, 2010

Seventh Sunday After Easter

THE GOSPEL
John 17:20-26
Jesus prayed for his disciples, and then he said. "I ask not only on behalf of these, but also on behalf of those who will believe in me through their word, that they may all be one. As you, Father, are in me and I am in you, may they also be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. The glory that you have given me I have given them, so that they may be one, as we are one, I in them and you in me, that they may become completely one, so that the world may know that you have sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. Father, I desire that those also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory, which you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world.
"Righteous Father, the world does not know you, but I know you; and these know that you have sent me. I made your name known to them, and I will make it known, so that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them."
***
SCRIPTURE READINGS for the remainder of MAY 2010
May 23, 2010, Day of Pentecost, WhitsundayActs 2:1-21 or Genesis 11:1-9Psalm 104:25-35, 37Romans 8:14-17 or Acts 2:1-21John 14:8-17, (25-27)

May 30, 2010, First Sunday after Pentecost, Trinity Sunday Proverbs 8:1-4, 22-31Psalm 8 or Canticle 2 or 13Romans 5:1-5John 16:12-15
***
ANNOUNCEMENTS
+Committees for Election of the 11th Bishop of Alabama
Mark Smith and Anthony Joseph are part of The Standing Committee of the Episcopal Diocese of Alabama. Along with members of other parishes they are part of the committee charged with search and nomination of the 11th Bishop of Alabama.
A retreat May 14 and 15 with search consultant Ms. Judy Stark began the process. http://dioala.org/
***
+ OUR GARDEN
A second bed has been added to our garden. We now have the soil enhancers necessary for improving the soil. What is needed now is someone to mix it. Donations of time and labor are still needed. We plan to have a garden by the end of the summer that reflects the abundance of God's love and grace and then to share our produce.
Each parishioner will be placed in one of four groups. Each group will organize themselves for the upkeep of the bed.
***
COMING UP
Learn About Composting
+May 19th ,Wednesday, 6:00-7:00 pm
Fun and Fellowship
with children and youth. All are invited.
Please let Rev. Sara-Scott know if you plan to attend so that a correct food count can be made.
+May 23rd, Sunday The Day of Pentecost
Pentecost is the great festival that marks the birth of the Christian church by the power of the Holy Spirit. Pentecost means "fiftieth day" and is celebrated fifty days after Easter.
Wear red to celebrate.
+June 6th, Sunday Christian Education for Children and Adults. 9:00-9:45 am
+June 13th, Sunday Summer Fest. Worship under the pines with cookout to follow.
+June 14-16, 2010 Vacation Bible School
Theme: *JOSEPH AND HIS BROTHERS*4:00-6:00 pm
Mark you calendars and plan to attend, either as a participant or a helper.
The PERFORMANCE FOR THE COMMUNITY- Wednesday, June 16th-5:30pm
END***