November 22, 2009

Last Sunday After Pentecost

CHRIST THE KING

SCRIPTURES

Daniel 7:9-10, 13-14
Psalm 93
Revelation 1:4b-8

THE HOLY GOSPEL
John 18:33-37
Pilate entered the headquarters again, summoned Jesus, and asked him, "Are you the King of the Jews?" Jesus answered, "Do you ask this on your own, or did others tell you about me?" Pilate replied, "I am not a Jew, am I? Your own nation and the chief priests have handed you over to me. What have you done?" Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not from this world. If my kingdom were from this world, my followers would be fighting to keep me from being handed over to the Jews. But as it is, my kingdom is not from here." Pilate asked him, "So you are a king?" Jesus answered, "You say that I am a king. For this I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who belongs to the truth listens to my voice."
ANNOUNCEMENTS

+THANKS FROM SARA-SCOTT- Thanks everyone for all your expressions of love and care after my father’s death last week. My family and I loved the flowers you sent and we especially enjoyed them at the reception after the funeral. Sundra, Marc, and Carolyn represented you well at the funeral and were a great blessing to me. I deeply appreciate all the cards, e-mails and phone calls I have received from you as well as the love and prayers you have sent my way. Thank you all so much.


+ FESTIVAL OF LESSONS and CAROLS- Mark your calendar for the first Sunday, December 6th. Sundra and the choir are planning a special service that we will not want to miss.

+ VESTRY- will meet next Sunday , November 29th after the service. We will continue our work of visioning for St. Mark’s. We have explored our identity and mission. Strategies will be discussed. Your vestry is working hard!

+ADVENT WREATHS- We will be making Advent wreaths next Sunday, November 29, during Sunday School. Everyone is encouraged to participate. We can’t let the kids have all of the fun! An Advent wreath in the home is a wonderful spiritual tool for observing Advent. We will make one wreath per family unit and give you some prayers to take home and use as you light the candles. We need to know in advance if you plan to attend so that we can have enough supplies.
***
CHURCH HUMOR











END***